Thursday, July 10, 2008

In the Still of the Night...

What a night! Jessica went to sleep so well last night and Kenny and I started watching the Braves. Needless to say, by 10:30 we were both asleep on each couch. So he woke me up and we went to bed. Around 4:45, I heard Jessica. She was "talking" and seemed to be in and out of sleep for the next 20 min or so. At a few minutes after 5, I got up and went to check on her. I layed down in her bed with her and she went back to sleep, off and on, until I finally could take no more. I got up around 6:20 and headed straight for the coffee pot. I started the coffee and decided to go and get dressed while it was brewing. As I walked by the front door, I looked outside...and what to my wondering eyes should appear but---

We had been "rolled and forked"! For those of you, unlike Kenny and myself, who are unfamiliar with this activity. You take ROLLS of toilet paper and begin to "wrap" them about a friend's home! Let me just say, the ones responsible for this, and the press time, they are still at-large-did a fantatic job. Trees where wrapped, scrubs were wrapped, the wreath on the front door was wrapped and they even tied a bow around the front door knob!!! We have, ourselves, been involved in these teen-age pranks so all we could do was laugh and begin the clean up process. Let me say---it's more fun to roll than to clean! By the way, to be forked means that they also took plactic forks and stuck them into the yard!!!

I immediately told Kenny to get up and come look at our front (and both side) yard. My pictures didn't turn out real well because they were taken at 6:30-before we started cleaning up. Kenny wanted to wait but a rain shower like we have been having would have been disasterous!!! At least these are not pictures of Jess in the pool :) Have a good day!


8 comments:

MJN6 said...

Oh my goodness. Just remember pay back is sooooo sweet(if you know who did it). MJN

Summer said...

Wow! That's impressive. I've never heard of forking before....learn something new every day.

Anonymous said...

wow, they really did a good job! sorry it was your yard though!

Louise said...

always makes for a nice morning!! :) Love you!
PS...I don't mind the pics of Jessica in the pool!!

LaurieR said...

WHO have you made enemy's with???

Bev said...

I guess I got old but where is the humor in what was done to your yard? Oh yeah, payback would be really sweet if you knew the CHILDREN with too much time--and toilet paper on their hands. I miss our coffee visits--Steve & Bev

Lindsay and Willis said...

For the right price, I will tell you who did this thing to you. Disclaimer: It was NOT me... but I have heard stories of creeping over to your house with 'others' from an eye-witness and a culprit... so what'll it be?? Haha, Just kidding about the price, but I do know some information....

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late commenting on this but I just now heard that the pictures were on the internet! Also, I didn't know you had a blog...how cool! I love blogging.

Nonetheless...I didn't realize we did THAT good of a job. Oh...did you ever get that roll out of your mailbox? I would hate for your mailman to get involved. Although...if you put a few stamps on a roll of 2-ply you could send it anywhere. Now that sounds fun!