Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH!

Hope everyone had a great day, yesterday. We had a very quiet, very relaxing day! It was so nice. Jessica and I "hit the pool" around 9, thinking it might rain any minute. Needless to say it never did! Kristen and Samantha came over and swam for awhile and at a BBQ sandwich with us. Kenny went to Sonny's for the BBQ, what a great guy...I didn't have to get out of the pool. Around 1, Jessica and I came in for what I thought was going to be a nap-NOT HAPPENING! The girls left and Kenny finished up some yard work. Around 2, Jess and I went back out to the pool and swam for about an hour with Kenny. After drying off and cleaning up, I started getting dinner ready. It was just Kenny, Jess and me and actually when we ate, Jessica had decided it was time for a nap, exhausted from 5 hours of sun, I guess! We had an All-American dinner-Hot dogs on the grill, corn on the cob, baked beans and blackberry cobbler for dessert. I have to say, even though I made it, the cobbler was the hit of the night. After Jess got up and ate we went across the street to watch the Braves ( we don't get PTV with out satelite :( ). Around 9 we came home and Jess went to bed and Kenny and I crashed in our room, listening to the end to the ballgame and hearing the fireworks outside.

It's not a real exciting day to tell about but one that we really enjoyed. It is rare for Kenny to have a day off when he doesn't feel like he has to work at home all day long.

We did take a few minutes to be thankful for our country and the freedom we have and to pray for out family that is out of the USA. Hopefully, over the next week to 10 days we will have everyone back at home and safe. Please say a prayer for Kenny's Mom and Dad who will be traveling home from Alaska on Monday. Also Laurie, who will be returning from the Phillippians on Tuesday and my parents, brother, cousin and Heather who all will be traveling home the following week.

Happy July to you all!!!!

1 comments:

Louise said...

Sounds like fun! I have lots to tell about so watch for it!! :) Love you!
P.S. But it won't be about my breakdown....still not able to talk about it yet!!! ha!