Monday, September 22, 2008

Beach Week

On Sept. 11, we had a benefit dinner in downtown Atlanta for RTV. Following the dinner, Kenny's sister and brother-in-law went up the the restaurant to visit for a few minutes. Long story - short--I decided that Jessica and I would go to meet them at Hilton Head for the next week. We already knew that Kenny couldn't go and Jess couldn't stay with him because of his school and work schedule. So Sunday afternoon, we had gotten up early Sun and gone to Tallahassee for church, Kenny's mom, Jessica and I headed to Hilton Head. It took us just over 4 hours to get there and we had a great day for traveling...and I have to add that Jessica was beautiful!!! She usually is a good traveler but you know how they can make liers out of you!!!

We got to the house and began to relax!! It was so nice. A friend of Chris' let him use the house for the last 3 summers for a week! It has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, kitchen, living room, sun porch and a boardwalk right down to the beach! Jessica had a BLAST! She took to the water, just like her pool!!! We did not even leave the house until Tuesday afternoon! Went out and did some shopping and out for dinner. It was so nice just to be able to completely relax! Thanks to my sister, Karen, for getting a sub for the sub, we were able to stay over until Friday-we had originally planned on coming home on Wed.

On Thursday evening Toni got a call from her 19 year old daughter. Her dad, Toni's X, had been taken to hospice and they were not sure he was going to make it. He had been sick and we had all been "sitting on pins and needles" wondering how long he COULD last! Toni and Chris got up Friday morning and left for Atlanta as we left for Valdosta. Tom did make it until this morning at around 5. Please keep Abbe in your prayers, as this has been a very difficult time for her.

We returned home on Friday and Kenny and I had a rehearsal dinner for a wedding he was performing on Sat. Saturday morning I got up and went to a "Ladies' Day" at Forrest Park and got home just in time to get ready for the wedding! It was pretty but I was glad when it was all over! I sure don't really enjoy busy week-ends-I like to just lay around and catch up on laundry and cleaning!

Jessica's class at school is going to be participating in Special Olympics this year. In the winter games, they do bowling and basketball. I went to school today to help with their practice! They are so cute! If any of you have an opportunity to get involved, you should try it! I will try and take pictures next week and share them.

I will try tomorrow to download some of our beach pictures, Jessica was swimming with the dolphins! They would swim right by us!!!

Have a good week!

5 comments:

Adawk said...

ahh sounds relaxing....

MJN6 said...

So glad you got to get away for a little relaxation at the beach. Our team is not doing too good??? Can't wait to see the pictures.

LaurieR said...

The beach sounds a lot more fun than car shopping!!!!

Louise said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Jess swimming with the dolphins and I can't wait to see pictures of S.O. practice!!! :) Love you!!

Leigh said...

I think you are losing the blog contest now...I have definitely been posting more thna you have!! =) But I know you have been super at Hilton Head...hahaha =) But I am glad Jess got to go! I know she probably enjoyed it immenesly =)