Thursday, April 10, 2008


Well...I guess it is time for me to catch you up on our week. Tuesday AM, Jessica was scheduled for a SLEEP DEPRIVED EEG. If you don't know, that is where you have to stay up all night and then go to the Dr. office and have the test. You can just imagine how Kenny and I were looking forward to this. We have done it 3 or 4 times before, but I am not sure we are getting any better at it! The purpose of this is to check for any seizure activity and they say that it is better if you are sleepy-then sleeping!

We started Monday evening off great, Jessica settled down at 6 PM for what we thought was going to be 6-8 hours of I layed her in her bed, those eyes popped wide open and she was good to go! I tried off and on for the next 2-3 hours to get her to go to sleep. Finally, between 8:30 and 9:00, she fell out! Shortly after, Kenny and I went to sleep, knowing that we had to have her up again by 1:00 AM. (They say no sleep after midnight, but I can assure you, she was sleep deprived!) So all was quiet at our home from 9ish until 1:15. Then the lights, TV and any musical toy we could find came on! Actually, she woke up pretty well. We played, I baked a cake...we played, I did laundry, we played, I surfed the web...well, you get the idea! At around 4:30, Jessica and Kenny went to the bathroom to give her a bath, wash her hair and let her play in the tub for awhile. We dried her hair, let her play somemore, by now we are all getting very sleepy. It is amazing how slowly the clock moves during the night when you are up with a 7 year old, but how fast it seems to go when you are sleeping! It finally got to be around 6 AM so we headed out to Cracker Barrel before the appointment. One of the hardest things is trying to keep her awake in the car because that is always were she will sleep...remember the days of driving them around to get them to sleep, now I was having to keep her awake.

Breakfast was good and we got to the Dr. office at 7:30, 30 minutes early. What do you think the possibility of the girl coming in early was...NOT!!!! We finally got the test started around 8:15. That was fun, too. Take an exhausted kid into a room with a stranger that has 30 "strings" to "glue" to her head!!! Are you beginning to the idea of how much fun it was? And bless Kenny's heart, he can't stand to even watch!

We made it through it and saw the Dr. The results came back just about as good as we could have hoped. There is still some seizure activity but not as bad. We are staying on our meds, so as not to "trigger" anything worse. The only thing better would have been no activity at all!

We got home and Jess slept from 10-2, then was up until around 8. Now all of our sleeping habits are pretty much back to normal!

The highlight of the 24 hours for me was that the TENNESSEE LADY VOLS WON ANOTHER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! That makes 8 for all you Gator that! Rocky Top is on top again!

Have a great week-end!


Louise said...

Glad things went well!! AND GO VOLS!!! :) Love you~

Nikki said...

Wow, I am sure you guys are worn out! Glad things went well:) I bet you crash if you get the chance.

sara jackson said...

That was such an amusing story. Although I am sure staying up like that was not so amusing. I am so happy the testing went well. Daddy was glad TN won toon!!